2013 in Review

14 Jan

This will probably be my last post on 2013. I’m eager to be done with it, but I couldn’t turn down another old school blog!

1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?

I flew across the country with a baby! It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be thankfully. Whew!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn’t make any resolutions or goals last year. I really don’t unless it’s something I know I’ll actually do. This year, I strive to be more positive & not repeat 2013

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

It’s more like who DIDN’T get birth! I know 5 people that gave birth last year.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit?

Ummm…. I made some Japanese food, does that count? ;)

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?

Like Elaine, more “BRAVE“.

7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

June 15th- Andrew’s first birthday

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Nursing for 16 months

9. What was your biggest failure?

Don’t get me started

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nope thankfully.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

I love my Petunia Pickle Bottom Touring Tote :) I love how these bags are so pretty I will use them as handbags when the diapering stage is over.

12. Where did most of your money go?

baby things & concerts

13. What did you get really excited about?

Going back to the east coast to visit friends & family

14.  What song will always remind you of 2013?

Blurred Lines

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder? Happier, for sure.

– thinner or fatter? about the same

– richer or poorer?  Richer.

16. What do you wish you’d done more of?

going to the beach. I keep forgetting it was there, even though I’m so close.

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Worrying

18. How did you spend Christmas?

With my family

19. What was your favorite TV program?

probably The Big Bang Theory

20. What were your favorite books of the year?

Jonathan Kellerman-Private Eyes

21. What was your favorite music from this year?

Check out my Twisted Mixed Tape post

22. What was your favorite film of the year?

Um…. I only saw three, so I don’t have much to go on.

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I had a day to myself to get a mani pedi, a massage & some lunch :)

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Hiring someone to wash, dry, & fold my clothes

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?

HA! I’m not really a fashion person, never have been.

26. What kept you sane?

Ice skating :)

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.

Sometimes things are not what you perceive.

About these ads

13 Responses to “2013 in Review”

1. Lady Jennie January 15, 2014 at 4:50 am #

Really? You can ice skate as a new mama? I did that (with my kids) when my youngest was just an infant and I was still sore from giving birth, but I didn’t realise it until I tried to use some strange muscles ice skating.

Flying with a baby is a major feat indeed. Sounds like you’re doing just fine as a not-so-new-anymore mama. :-)

• basicallyb January 16, 2014 at 1:34 pm #

I started skating again 8 weeks postpartum. I was nervous that I’d fall since I’d been off the ice for 9 months but I ended up doing great & was at the level I left off at 2 months later. And yes, having my husband with me on that flight w/ baby definitely helped.

2. Elaine Alguire January 15, 2014 at 9:43 am #

Can I please go to the beach with you? I love the beach! :) I would go all the time if I lived close! (of course I say that…) Love your answer to #26. :D Happy New Year!!

3. Kerstin @ Auer Life January 15, 2014 at 12:57 pm #

How can you forget to go to the beach, lol :)
    Flying across the country with a baby? I’m totally impressed. Even flying to Vegas for 2 hours with an 11 and 15 year old was enough for me…

• basicallyb January 16, 2014 at 1:30 pm #

Yeah I don’t know how I forget the beach either. So wrong! I don’t know what I’d do if I had to fly w/o my husband though.

4. Shana Norris January 16, 2014 at 1:28 pm #

I haven’t read all the OSB reposes yet, but I bet you’re the only one who answered ice skating to #26. So cool.

I loved my Petunia Picklebottom bag. There was so much more awesome baby gear when my 7 and 8 year-olds were babies than when my 19 year-old was born!

• basicallyb January 17, 2014 at 12:52 pm #

Aw thanks! I love skating. It definitely makes me happy & eases my stress. There’s so much cool kiddie stuff out there. I wonder what it’ll be like in 5 years!

5. Louise January 18, 2014 at 1:51 pm #

You nursed for 16 months?! I am in awe. I also flew across the country last year with an infant. I think the 3-year-old who came too was more high maintenance – but overall it was easier than I thought it would be.

I wanted to let you know that I’m enjoying your blog and nominated you for a Liebster. I remember a back and forth last year with you re: whether to keep blogging. I’ve often wondered that too – and so glad you obviously still are. If you accept awards – info here: http://babygatesdown.wordpress.com/2014/01/18/awards-awards-awards/.

• basicallyb January 19, 2014 at 12:46 pm #

Yeah I’m stubborn & at first I said “I’ll nurse til the baby is 6 months” and then when I got to that point I said “well, I made it this far….” and so on. So I finally stopped when the baby wasn’t interested anymore. I wasn’t sad like a lot of people said I would.
      I’m touched you like my blog. Thank you so much! :) Right now I’m trying an experiment of combining this blog & my food blog, which is on the paid version of wordpress & is just sitting there. At any rate, I’m still here! :)

• Louise January 19, 2014 at 4:56 pm #

I last about 8-9 months pumping with each of my kids, and so remain in awe. I think it makes sense what you did though – keeping it up until they aren’t interested anymore.

Good luck with the blog combining!

6. Linda Roy January 18, 2014 at 8:29 pm #

I love that you spent money on baby things and concerts! Also love the name of the tote you mentioned. You are so brave to fly across the country with a little one and I’m glad that it went so well. Sometimes they surprise us, right? Here’s to an excellent 2014!!

• basicallyb January 19, 2014 at 5:05 pm #

Yes, it definitely was a surprise, and a welcomed one at that! Here’s to a great year!