Ten Things of Thankful

11 Jan

The first full week of the new year is in the books. Overall, not too bad. We started off the week with a long date day. We went to the BCS Championship where we saw our alma mater, Florida State win the championship in a nail biter of a game. I know I can never be an undergrad at FSU again, but it was nice to be in that college environment for the most part of the day. It really felt like home.

With that, I’ll list my 10 things of thankful

1) Being at the BCS Championship. Our longest time away from our son. It definitely helped recharge my batteries.

2) Andrew took a long nap today. He’s been very clingy all week so I’m glad he got some extra rest today…and mama too.

3) Speaking of rest, while little man took a long nap, mama got to unwind while watching some figure skating.

4) And speaking of figure skating, I learned a new move during my lesson yesterday, the backwards 3 turn.

5) My husband has been under the weather lately. While I’m not thankful for that, I am glad that Andrew was in a good mood because it was essentially me watching him all day.

6) Caught up with a lot of my mommy friends this week. Some I hadn’t seen in over a month.

7) Got news that our sitter is able to watch Andrew three times next week which is great because I’m still playing catch up from vacation.

8) I’m happy to report that I’ve been staying on top of my chores & to do list. Having a planner to write things out definitely helps.

9) Today’s gym class was a piece of cake. It was my first one in 3 weeks and I surprisingly had a lot of energy afterwards.

10) Back to clean eating…and it feels great.

What are you thankful for this week?

Ten Things of Thankful
About these ads

17 Responses to “Ten Things of Thankful”

1. Kristi January 11, 2014 at 10:34 pm #

Sounds like you had a fun date–and the fact that your alma mater won didn’t hurt, either! Keeping up with a to-do list is a great feeling. Ice skating lessons? How cool!

• basicallyb January 12, 2014 at 1:54 pm #

Thanks. I am so glad we got to see that game live! Been skating for almost 4 years now. I love it :)

2. lrconsiderer January 12, 2014 at 6:17 am #

What a great week (apart from your husband being under the weather – hope he gets better soon). I’m glad you got time to rest, recharge and spend time with your friends as well as hanging out with Andrew :D

And YAY! for your new move on the ice.

• basicallyb January 12, 2014 at 1:55 pm #

Thanks! The hubs is feeling better thankfully. Just glad Andrew was behaving. Glad I learned a new move. Now just gotta overcome the fear!

• lrconsiderer January 13, 2014 at 9:17 am #

Yup. It’ll happen slowly and with practice :D

3. Kate @ Another Clean Slate January 12, 2014 at 9:06 am #

Hope your kiddo feels better soon! I went to the BCS championship in 2009- it was so fun! Glad you had a blast.

• basicallyb January 12, 2014 at 1:56 pm #

Aren’t the BCS games fun? So glad we went!

4. christine January 12, 2014 at 2:33 pm #

Sounds like you had a great week! That game had to be fun. I’m glad the two of you got to go alone.
    I miss naps. And those long ones on trying days? The best.
    I have come to the realization that I need to schedule my cleaning and to-do list the same way I have the kids schedule their week. A planner sounds like a good idea. Good for you, keeping up with it.
    Have a nice week!

• basicallyb January 13, 2014 at 6:07 pm #

The game was great! It was fun being in a college environment for a few hours. The planner is definitely helping me stay on task :)

5. southmainmuse January 12, 2014 at 3:57 pm #

Well, I’m a lifelong Gator fan but have a bunch of Nole relatives. Good for you that you all went out to Pasadena. What a great game. I was at the Superdome when the Gators beat the Seminoles in 1996. Something you will always remember.

• basicallyb January 13, 2014 at 6:08 pm #

It was a great game :) A real nail biter. A good friend of mine is a Gator so it’s all good ;)

6. Clark Scottroger January 12, 2014 at 6:53 pm #

Does indeed sound like a good week, to accomplish things, to renew energy and to find (the) rhythm. Very good. Going back to school (in a sense), always….interesting.

• basicallyb January 13, 2014 at 6:09 pm #

It’s definitely hard going “back to school” but it will be nice to be on a regular schedule.

7. Louise January 13, 2014 at 7:19 am #

Sounds like a wonderful week. I love it when I feel on top of chores – and really? You had me at sleep. Love it when I get to catch up on that too.

Congrats on the new figure skating move!

• basicallyb January 13, 2014 at 6:10 pm #

Thanks for the encouragement. It was nice to catch up on sleep. Something really rare for this mama.

8. Jen January 13, 2014 at 7:09 pm #

I love that you skate. That is so freaking cool! I also added an extra day for my sitter. I would rather get all my writing done in one day then stick the boy in front of the TV to write a little bit at a time. Like now LOL.
    So glad you got some time away. I always say I don’t want it, but when I do it, it feels great!

• basicallyb January 14, 2014 at 8:44 pm #

Thanks! Yeah I always feel bad having time away but I so need it!