Tuesday Ten: Resolutions

7 Jan

Well, I’ve never been one to make a resolution, let alone ten! When I do make resolutions, I only make one, and that only happens when I think of something I can actually stick to.

However, as I mentioned before, 2014 is all about positivity. I don’t want a repeat of 2013. So, I made a list of goals &I’d like to share those with you.

1) Stay on top of chores. Write down daily to-dos and stick to them.

2) Stay positive. Do not repeat 2013. Look for something to be thankful for every day.

3) Keep up your personal & skating journals. They will help you with your growth.

4) Minimize Facebook time. If you start scrolling aimlessly, it’s time to do something else.

5) Keep up skating and gym time. You lost all that weight after pregnancy back in 2012. You also spent some good money on new pants. You kept it up last year, now let’s repeat that.

6) Don’t be afraid to ask for help. You are not alone raising Andrew. It’s not easy.

7) Manage your time wisely. Make a schedule daily to keep you on task

8) Find time for yourself too. Being a mom is a demanding job. You need time to unwind too.

9) Come out of your shell when you meet people. It’s scary but you won’t meet new people if you don’t leave the house!

10) Remember the dog is part of the family. Make sure she gets her daily walks. She gets exercise, you get exercise, and the baby gets out & gets to see the world. Everyone wins.

So those are my goals! What are yours? Join us at the Tuesday Ten Linkup Party!
The Golden Spoons

About these ads

9 Responses to “Tuesday Ten: Resolutions”

1. Lisa @ The Golden Spoons January 7, 2014 at 4:52 pm #

Great goals! I am trying to limit my screen time, too. It’s kind of an addiction and I know I need to cut back but it’s hard. Asking for help and taking time for yourself are extremely important, too. Thank you so much for linking up with us! Hope you will be back next week!

• basicallyb January 7, 2014 at 9:08 pm #

Thanks! Glad I found your link up. I think asking for help is one of the hardest things I want to do because I was always given a lot of flack from asking for help in the past.

2. Tarana January 8, 2014 at 2:12 am #

Good luck with your resolutions! I think your best line is ‘Do not repeat 2013′ – I like that line of thought. #TuesdayTen

• basicallyb January 9, 2014 at 6:52 pm #

Thank you much and yes, having “do not repeat 2013″ as a goal definitely helps keep me in check!

3. Rabia Lieber January 8, 2014 at 10:29 am #

This is a great list! I’ve always found that writing things down (chores, resolutions, etc.) has made me more likely to get them accomplished. Good luck with 2014! May it be an amazing year for you!!

• basicallyb January 9, 2014 at 6:52 pm #

Thanks! I hope it’s a great year for you too. I don’t care how many apps come out, writing things down definitely helps me remember more than any app.

4. Louise January 8, 2014 at 12:01 pm #

I agree with a lot of this – especially #2 and #5! Good luck with everything this year!

5. Kalley C January 10, 2014 at 4:18 pm #

This is a great list. Staying positive, and not being afraid to ask for help is a top choice for me. Sometimes I get it in my head that I can do it all, but no one can. I KNOW and HOPE that this year is going to be a great year for you. You know what, I KNOW it will be. You have a goal and you know what to focus on. Only thing you have to do is live it :-)

• basicallyb January 10, 2014 at 7:46 pm #

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! It’s going to take work but I do know this year will be better!