Happy New Year! I’m glad to be getting back into the swing of things. I mentioned before that I am so ready for the holidays to be over. Yes, I realize it’s been two weeks since Christmas, but we are just getting around to taking our tree down today. It’s a new year, I’m glad I have a chance to start over, and I have so much to be thankful for this week.
1) Did I mention I am glad 2014 is here? 2013 was a very trying year for me & I refuse to say that two years in a row, so this year is all about focusing on the positive.
2) I am glad my dad came to visit. It sucks not having family around & I wish he lived locally so he could see Andrew grow. However,we’re averaging seeing him twice a year, so it’s better than nothing.
3) Speaking of my dad, I’m glad we got extra help these last two weeks. He was the one that picked up Andrew every morning after he woke up, fed him breakfast, and played with him. Mat & I were happy to get some extra sleep, my dad was happy that he got to bond w/ his grandson. Everyone wins.
4) My dad has always been supportive & encouraging, but just hearing him say he was proud of me made me feel great.
5) I got back into journaling. I got a freebie journal in a swag bag a few years ago & I decided to put into use last month. It’s so therapeutic getting my thoughts out there.
6) I’m proud of how far I’ve come in ice skating. Fear held me back for a while when I first started. Sure, I’m still terrified of barreling down the ice at full speed & THEN jumping, but I’ve come a long way. On New Year’s Eve, I did jump combos for the first time. I’m very proud & so was my coach!
7) I’m looking forward to the longest date ever. We’re going to the BCS Championship tomorrow! We haven’t seen an FSU game since we were in college & I’m so glad they’re coming out here to play. Go Noles!
8) I’m glad to have our regular sitter come back & watch Andrew 3x/week this month after not having her a whole month. It’s been very trying being a stay at home mom all day & I look forward to having some of my me time back.
9) Andrew just makes me laugh a lot these days. He’s grown to be a funny little boy always trying to make new sounds. It’s just cute to here.
10) Finally, thank you for Skype! My dad may have gone back home, but I’m glad that Andrew will still be able to see grandpa online until the next time we see each other again. Maybe he’ll read him a story too.
WHat are you thankful for?